martes, 4 de diciembre de 2012

3rd Cycle. Reading.


SCENE 1 (Willy, Linda, Biff, Happy)
LINDA (hearing Willy outside the bedroom, calls with some trepidation): Willy!
WILLY: It’s all right. I came back.
LINDA: Why? What happened? (Slight pause.) Did something happen, Willy?
WILLY: Nothing happened.
LINDA: You didn’t smash the car, did you?
WILLY (with casual irritation): just nothing! Didn’t you hear me?
LINDA (very carefully, delicately): Where were you all day? You look terrible.
WILLY: I got to above Yonkers. And stop for coffee.
LINDA: What?
WILLY (after a pause): I suddenly couldn’t drive any more. The car kept going off onto the shoulder, y’know?
LINDA (helpfully): Oh. Maybe it was the steering again.
WILLY: No, it’s me, it’s me. Suddenly I realize I’m goin’ sixty miles an hour and I don’t remember the last five minutes. I’m — I can’t seem to — keep my mind to it.
LINDA: Maybe it’s your glasses. You never went for your new glasses.
WILLY: No, I see everything. I came back ten miles an hour. It took me nearly four hours from Yonkers.
LINDA (resigned): Well, you’ll just have to take a rest, Willy, you can’t continue this way.
WILLY: I just got back from Florida.
LINDA: But you didn’t rest your mind. Your mind is overactive, dear.




WILLY: I’ll start out in the morning. Maybe I’ll feel better in the morning. (She is taking off his shoes.)
LINDA: just take a rest. Should I get you an aspirin? 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario